Sunday, November 1, 2020

renewal

Wow. I haven't written a blog post since the flu epidemic of 2018.

Did we call it an epidemic then? I remember that I did, because I was great with child and therefore given a carte blanche for hysteria. I had to cancel or reschedule a Board meeting because so many members of my Board were or had been or would become ill.

I digress.

I have promised myself to write every day in November. 

I need a 30 day challenge, regardless of germs or politicians or hurricanes or holidays or what my next ____ is. I need an agenda I can control.

It will be my way to express gratitude, even if it's just for soil that produces acorn squash every year at this time. 

(There was an acorn squash in my produce box this week. I welcome your suggestions for what to do with it.) (Also seeking suggestions for eggplant and okra and sweet potatoes, which I am frankly tired of cooking and need inspiration for, because these items have been in season for approximately the past 18 weeks of boxes.)

I am grateful I can buy fresh produce--both that I can afford it and that it is available to me. I am grateful my family eats nearly anything. I am grateful to know how to cook. I am grateful I am not the only person in my home who knows how to or has the desire to cook.

But I do not want to ask or answer "what do you want to eat?" more than 50% of the time. Neither does anyone else in my home.

I should be grateful that I am the primary cook, because I like to control the agenda.

Here's to reviving a small part of myself again.

No comments:

Post a Comment